Friday 3 October 2014

And On to the Next Thing








Well, it's all taken down and packed away. Apart from the piece that I SOLD. Hoorah and much rejoicing! 'Greater Love' has gone to a lovely lady.

'Shrapnel' (see fragment above) is going to be in Guildford Cathedral for a few days in November. I hung it in the gallery in very fragmented form, but will arrange it more obviously as a poppy as it is to form the backdrop for some children's workshops.

The exhibition seemed to be largely well received, going by the appreciative remarks in the comments book. Sufficient people 'got' it for me to consider it a success.

I have very few pictures because it seemed that both my cameras had died. Upon a visit to the nice man at Sussex Camera Centre, it transpires that my pocket camera is indeed beyond rescue, but that the SLR was simply a victim of my ineptitude. Good news then!

Today I have been writing and uploading a residency proposal. I have a love-hate relationship with such tasks, but they are a necessary part of the portfolio life. I would be thrilled to get this particular one; the potential for a creative match between the location and my practice is great. Let us hope that the commissioners see that too!

I plan to do a bit of playing experimentation with some 3D and exposed warp using raw silk, natural linen and copper wire, followed by a vinegar bath - how I love verdigris. That and a Chichester Harbour sunset piece for an open submission next month should keep me out of mischief.

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page