Tuesday 12 September 2017

Nearly.....




Only about 3-4" of weaving (at the highest point), the supplementary warps to fill, and the woven part is complete. Then to verdigris and shape forming (oh, and end-burying on the reverse - which will become the outer surface of the bowl - and may take some time).

I am following a 30 day Book Art challenge on Creative Bug; a new mixed media spread each day. Most enjoyable!

I have also been on another road trip; on Saturday I drove up to London on the A3 - all the way to its beginning in The City. I was driving across London Bridge, with a huge grin on my face, never having expected to do such a thing in my life, when I realised that I was the only vehicle on the bridge - a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was like the Cheshire Cat by the time I reached the other side and nipped through the canyons between the skyscrapers. I made a day of it by driving along Fournier St and up Brick Lane (amongst other streets) - basically a tour of Whitechapel and Stepney. I find that I really enjoy driving through places where I have walked or 'bussed many a time. I returned on Sunday morning; not quite the length of the A3 to the edge if the sea in Old Portsmouth, but nearly. Positively Dickensian :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page