Thursday 27 April 2023

Lawks! What a Time Has Passed


Shrine Maquette 2 in progress….



The original Shrine, which was lost, stolen, or strayed in 2018.  

I had to decide whether I really wanted to remake it - and perhaps the passage of time helped with that - but I still want to make a full size version, and remaking the maquette offered an opportunity to do things slightly differently; move the ‘seam’ to inside the cleft, add more texture etc. Life rather got in the way - The Great Pestilence, redundancy, family health problems, and so forth - but after a break from the PhD until last November I am back in the zone, enjoying weaving (and writing, surprisingly).  

One of the better distractions was sailing in my little boat, ‘Sparrow’, which I am about to resume after the winter break (and some fettling).  Warps of a different kind!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page