Monday, 22 October 2012

Sampling (or, "What did you do today Mummy?" "I wove a rabbit's bottom"

The finished violet leaf. I decided that filling in all the background was not the best use of time (= I could not bear it because my tension had gone too tight) so moved on to rabbit. I counted the number of warps in the original and redrew the outline to fit my warps. This decapitated and detorsoed him. Louise then suggested that I remove his legs and concentrate on the hachures in the hindquarters, adding an extra layer of complexity by putting in highlights.....

And this is how a whole, medieval rabbit looks

Lots to do!


1 comment:

  1. The violet leaf looks lovely. Bunny's bottom will be interesting to do, a lot of work but the end result will be good. The original is gorgeous isn't he.


Locations of visitors to this page